Saturdays and Sundays, March 13, 14, 20, and 21 from 9am-1pm
Redux Contemporary Art Center is collaborating with The Gibbes Museum of Art and photographer and Redux Studio Artist J. Kevin Foltz for this specially tailored 2-weekend workshop where participants will have a full experience of film photography including a guided tour of The Gibbes photography exhibition, taking photos, processing film, and making prints.
Day: Saturdays and Sundays, March 13,14 and 20,21
Time: 9am-1pm with a short lunch break
Cost: $435 for Members, and $545 for NonMembers. *Member pricing applies to Gibbes and Redux Members.*
This price includes a guided tour of this exhibition at The Gibbes, as well as film, chemicals, and photographic paper (provided by Redux).
- Saturday, March 13th: We will start with the curated tour of the exhibition at The Gibbes, and an introduction with Kevin Foltz to the course talking briefly about film exposure followed by a walk around the downtown area making images.
- Sunday, March 14th: At Redux Contemporary Art Center, we will develop the film that was exposed on the previous day and get familiarized with the darkroom and lab.
- Saturday, March 20th: At Redux, participants will be working in the darkroom making a contact sheet and selection of images to print on the 21st.
- Sunday, March 21st: On this final day, at Redux, participants will produce finished 8x10 black and white images in the darkroom.
Please note: - Class size is limited to a maximum of 6 participants.
- Masks/face coverings will be required for COVID compliancy.
What to bring:- Participants will need to bring an operating 35mm camera on the 13th.
- For the days spent at Redux, the students should bring darkoom towels and a bagged lunch or snack.
- Redux will provide film, chemicals and photographic paper.REGISTER NOW